Wednesday, March 31, 2010

1)In what ways does your media prodcut use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media?

My media product uses and challenges forms of reals media. I have have annotated my work and professional work below to compare and contrast them. My product follows certain aspects of real media such as coverlines and prices. Also I have kept to a minimalistic colour scheme to use the conventions of real media. I chose my colour scheme and cover lines by conducting audience research in the form of a questionnaire.










As you can see above I have used a slogan at the top of my magazine because this follows codes and conventions of real media as shown below in the annotated real magazine 'Q'.

I have used a slogan at the top of my magazine because this follows codes and conventions of real media as shown below in the annotated real magazine.

My colour scheme contains only a few colours because this follows the codes and conventions of a indie music magazine.

My masthead follows forms and conventions of real media because it is horizontal and in capital letters which most magazine titles are.It is also big and bold to attract the readers eye.

The price of my music magazine is an average price of indie music magazine. I decided my price from my audience research.

I used a puff to draw the readers attention to the magazine. Other magazine of my genre also do this.

I have used one large main image which deviates from the conventions of real media,because it generally uses one main image and other smaller images on the front cover. However i think that my fron cover still appeals to the target audience.

Also over this image is anchoring text so the meaning of my image is clear.My image is a media close up. The solo artist is looking straight at the camera so she connects with the audience and engages them.The body language of solo artist also reflects the vibe of the Indie teens. She is somebody who my audience will recognise therefore she will attract my readers.

Each of the coverlines are related to the indie genre similar to other indie magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment