Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2) How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My media product represents the social group of “indie teens”, aged from 13-25.

It represents them because it includes music, articles and images that represents there lifestyle and things that they would be interested in also it includes artists and articles they would want to be included in it.

I tried to make my work unique and different to other magazines so it would attract my target audience, who are unique also.

The colour scheme also represents my particular social group because it is not all ‘pink and girly’ like a pop magazine but it also isn’t all ‘black and dark’ like a heavy metal magazine.

In my research the colour purple was the most liked colour by my target audience so I believe that is represents them well.

Also the ‘grungy’ looking images I have used connate the life style of an ‘indie teen’.

The my title ‘INDIEGO’ has huge connotations of the genre of Indie music because its is a play on words of both the colour indigo and the word Indie ,which relates back to my colour scheme of different shades of purple and Indigo.


No comments:

Post a Comment