Sunday, March 28, 2010

4) Who would be the audience for your media product?

The audience for my magazine would be 13-25 year girls and boys all across the UK. These teenagers would be interested in ‘indie’ music and the ‘indie’ culture. I have done target audience to see what time of thing they would be interested in and included this in my magazine. They would be interested ‘Indie’ music and go to gigs and festivals. They would also be interested in the fashion and life style.

Below is a link to a youtube clip of Glastonbury Festival, the teenagers shown in this clip would be the sort of person who would by magazine. Also this clip represents the lifestyle of 'indie teens' well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZOwEgDiJDw

5) How did you a4ttract/ address your audience?

To begin with I created a questionnaire asking questions that would help me create my magazine to attract my target audience. Here are some of the questions I asked my target audience:

1.What is your favourite band?
3. What is your favourite colour?
4. How often do you buy a music magazine?
5. How much would you pay for a music magazine?
7. What special feature would make you buy a magazine?

The conclusions I made of this questionnaire really helped me attract my audience because I now know what they want and thing they would like to read about and colours that they are attracted to. I attracted my audience to the front cover of my magazine with an eye-catching image, in which the artist had direct mode of address with the audience to get their attention. In addition the pose she in is a very striking pose. The colour scheme would also grab for my front cover and contents page also attract my target audience because it is very bright and draw the target audience’s eye towards it. My cover lines include content that would interest my target audience things such as; ‘EXCLSUIVE’, ‘have to before you die’, ‘PLUS’ and ‘FREE’. These all attract the audience because it makes them feel like they are getting something they would get anywhere else. From my target audience research I concluded that my audience would be willing to pay £4.00 for this monthly magazine My double page spread colour scheme is also eye catching and it includes content that would interest both music lovers and musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment