Monday, March 29, 2010

3) What kind of media institution might distribute your media product?

The media institution that would distribute my magazine would be one that would be interested in producing a magazine of music with the target audience of teenagers. Publishers such as IPC, EMAP or BAUER, would publish my magazine, these are three of the UK’s biggest magazine publishers.
BAUER owns Q magazine which has a slightly similar target audience. And the music magazine ‘Kerrang’ whose audience is still teens but not interested in the same type of music has my target audience, ‘Kerrang’ is more of a ‘heavy rock’ magazine.
IPC publish ‘NME’ and ‘Uncut’ magazine which are similar to my magazine because they are music magazines. So they would publish my magazine ‘INDIEGO’ because it follows the same codes and conventions of ‘NME’ very closely. However it has a slightly different target audience so they would be interested in getting more money from my magazine.



Spot the magazine

Here are the links to some magazine distributors

No comments:

Post a Comment